4.21.20 At-home Workout
Today we've got a CLASSIC CrossFit Benchmark workout.. one of "The Girls" and it's a killer workout to improve muscular endurance!
We mix in muscular endurance style workouts into our regular programming because it builds bigger "pipes" (arteries & veins) to deliver blood to the muscles and flush waste from them, much like the plumbing system in your house does. One of the core tenants of CrossFit is that well-rounded programming trains all 3 energy systems;
* ATP (Used for short bursts of max effort, like sprinting 100m or performing a 1 rep max on a lift)
* Glycolytic (like this workout, it trains muscular fatigue so you can do more work in the same amount of time)
* Aerobic (Breathing/ ventilation)
Ever seen the big guy at the gym who can lift a truck but couldn't run a mile to save his life!? That's because he's only training one, maybe 2 of the 3 energy systems! Ever heard someone say, "I don't have to out run the bear. I just have to out run YOU!" Don't be the guy that gets eaten by the bear!
Perform this workout AFAP (As Fast As Possible). There's a few ways to attack this workout.
1. As a "chipper" where you complete all the reps of one movement before going to the next. This is the hardest version.
2. Break up the reps into manageable sets so you can keep moving, i.e. 10 rounds of 10 reps of each movement (or break it up further).
3. REDUCE the reps of each movement if you've not built the required stamina.
If you've never done this workout and you've not been hitting it hard in the gym, I'd suggest doing 1/2 the reps of each movement or even 1/4 the reps. If you get done and feel like you have more in the tank, you can add back in some reps and rounds.
Good luck and let us know how long it took you!